Thursday 3 March 2011

Do you know what it's all about?

Andy Craven-Griffiths writes some brilliant shit. Him and another groovy bespectacled mister run a poetry open mic called Sticks and Stones at Strawbs bar opposite the rusty building- sooooo good and only like £3 to get in. It's usually the first Monday of every month. "I once prank called myself without realising, thinking I was calling my girlfriend through skype and actually ringing my own mobile, answering it and getting pissed off that nobody was speaking at the other end." 
Anyway, he has this totally intense slam poetry thing going on, I think I was already half in love with him, but then he introduced his cracking poem "Grandad" with a heartbreaking anecdote about his grandad who was suffering really badly from alzheimer's and then one day, he was only a kid, they were watching tv and his grandad just turns to him and says, "Do you know what it's all about?" 

Do you know what it's all about? 

Listen to Andy here. 'Treasa' is my favourite. 


1 comment:

  1. second to last sticks and stones performance is 14th march at strawbs! we're going yes?

    ReplyDelete