Wednesday 2 March 2011





My scrummy best top hun angel baby sweetie pie lovely SASHA just got accepted to do a year abroad studying in NOVA SCOTIA (that's fun to say!). Bloody congratulations. Sasha is always moving forward in life. She loves life, such a cringe. Which can be soooo irritating sometimes, like, one of those annoying enthusiastic glass half full freak of the week that is always smiling and never tired and when she IS tired it's only because she's done something toats cool like stay up all night packing for her next extravagant excursion, YEAH. Sigh. I'll miss her. I'll basically never see her ever again. But it'll be soooo romantic emailing her and sending her long, dull, skanky letters with bits of food and snot on them. Sash is very unorganised, but in a good way really and although I pretend to get exasperated with it, I secretly wish I could be more laid back. She absorbs local culture like a sponge (eating poor rudolph reindeer in stockholm. She insists it was the reindeer who laugh and call rudolph names that she was eating but it was DEFINITELY a reindeer of the innocent variety) and is so brave and spirited, I can't think of anyone more deserving.

(I'm also seriously considering trying to get our texts published. My phone has kept all our conversations since August 2009, and it's fucking brilliant stuff, better than a diary. A monumental journey through first weeks of uni and leaving home, detailed accounts of what we've eaten that day, lovers and losers and the little gems of mortification and shame.)

No comments:

Post a Comment