Sunday 15 May 2011

call me ishmael

[Everything in] This picture annoys me. The great American novel is not a fashion accessory. I'm just upset and jealous because I had to read it last year for school (uni but you know) and it took me forever and I got really frustrated and sad because I couldn't finish it and I had to buy the audio book and then I felt like a fraud so I didn't even do my essay on it in the end and this woman is just carting it around like she knows it by heart and it about to step into a round of Question time on it. "Grrr." Intelligence is obviously the single most attractive thing in the whole wide world and the whole world below of the sea, but this isn't a nice touch. Its a shit outfit anyway. Oh why am I being so bitchy! Because of exams, my little pals. Caffeine makes me bitchy, and I'm just not happy about slaving over these 600 page novels and not even getting the fashion points for it at the end.

The double standards of my posting is not lost on me. This is just the way it goes: clever and gorgeous boys are dreamy and outrageously delicious. Clever and gorgeous girls make me feel like I need to wash my hair and read a newspaper (i.e. thick and ungroomed).

1 comment: