Saturday 28 May 2011

kate jackson of the long blondes


All little girls, when they watch Snow White or Cinderella or whatever, want to dress like a princess, with a dress made of floaty glorious wonderfulness and a little tiara to make the ugly sisters jealous. That's basically everyone's first style wannabe. I remember really wanting Ariel's waist and Jasmine's earrings. It's just a given! Then as you get older you look to the more realistic people to creep on and swoon over and stalk in NME (uh). I was in love with Kate Jackson! What a beaut! She's so "Ye an what" and I'm thinking 'Once and Never Again' was out around 2006 so I was 15 and yeah that sounds about right, about the right age you can actually actively accurately copycat somebody's style. I had a whole rainbow set of neck scarves, and I remember a particularly fetching black polka dot one which I bought in Miss Selfridge on a trip to London and thought I was so sexy. CallmeKate motherbitch. I went to see them in Liverpool and got a little band button badge that they force on people so then I was automatically cool by association. One thing that particularly stands out about her, and I still think of it now, is that I used to be major crushin' on this boy and he was quite stylish and all that, and he used to say he loved the way she wore a cardigan and it was obvious she wasn't wearing a bra. I love that look! A little granny cardigan and braless. So sexy! There aren't any braless pictures I could find (I'm probably on a list somewhere that makes sure I can't see too many pictures of her) but that top one is close enough to get it. They disbanded a while ago because the guitarist had a stroke (really sad) but maybe we'll see her soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment